Nenad Popovic, PhD is vice-President of the Democratic Party of Serbia and President of the Economic Council of the DSS.
He was born in Tuzla in 1966. He graduated at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering at Belgrade University in 1992. Mr. Popovic obtained his Master Degree in 1997 and his PhD degree in 2000 at the Economic Faculty in Moscow.
Mr. Popovic is president of the international company ABS Electro, dealing with the production of electro-energetic equipment, services and turn-key project for transmission and distribution of electricity.
Mr. Popovic is lecturing at the Economic Faculty of the Moscow Lomonosov University at the Department for Macroeconomic Management and Planning and at the Moscow State Mining University at the Department for Economics and Planning of Mining Production.
During his academic career, he published five books and more that 120 articles in the area of economics and regional development.
Since June 2008, Mr. Popovic is a Member of Parliament of the Republic of Serbia.
Mr. Popovic chaired the Economic Team for Kosovo and Metohija and conducted the Strategy for Long-term Economic Development of Serb Communities at Kosovo and Metohija.
Mr. Popovic acted as a vice-President of Coordination Body for Municipalities Presevo, Bujanovac and Medvedja and he has managed the creation of the Strategy for Long-term Development of South of Serbia.
Mr. Popovic is the President of “Serbian Economic Center”, a foundation established to promote regional cooperation and concept of regional development.
He is the president of the Honors Council of Russian- Serbian Friendship Society and member of the Executive Council of the Fund of Unity of othodox nations.
Mr. Popovic has received numerous award and medals such as:
- Medal of Holy Sergey Radoniesky for exceptional contribution to the development and straightening of relations among Christian Orthodox nations, awarded by Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia
- Medal of Holy Daniel of Moscow, for the spiritual renaissance of Russia, awarded by the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia
- Award “Medal of Humanity” of the State Union Serbia and Montenegro for humanitarian work and exceptional contribution and help to the Serb population in Kosovo and Metohija
- Medal of Friendship, for special contribution to the development of economic and social relationships between Serbia and Russia, awarded by the President of the Russian Federation;
- Medal of the Saint Sava of the Second Grade, for the renewal and strengthening of faith and the Church in Serbia, awarded by His Holliness the Serbian Patriarch;